Monday, July 16, 2007

An Inside View


Last Monday I had a colonoscopy done. I had been having some problems, so my doctor insisted on this "procedure." After 3 days of a liquid diet and 500ml of a magic drink, I was quite ready to get it all over with! Despite the way the "polyklinika" (clinic) looks from the outside (pictured above), the doctor's office was very clean and professional. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor or nurse. They gave me a shot of something to supposedly ease the pain. I was awake through the entire procedure. When they got the camera where they wanted it (after a lot of pushing!) they turned the monitor towards me and showed me the inside of my colon! It was very fascinating and I have to say that I thought it looked beautiful and healthy! I felt very blessed at that moment that God gave us such a wonderful organ, and He gave man the ability to see it from the inside! The doctor said I was a great patient and she could see nothing wrong with my lower intestine, except that it was unusually long. On Wednesday I had an ultrasound done of my upper intestine which also showed nothing. I am very impressed with how thorough the doctor has been. I'm also grateful that I was given a clean bill of health! Thanks for your prayers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being healthy! :) I had an ultrasound done on my heart once & it is so interesting to see God's creation - your own body! Heather

Martin LaBar said...

No internal photos, I guess.

A cross-cultural family said...

I really wanted an internal photo, but she didn't offer. What I REALLY wanted a picture of was the office door - it is a padded door with a bolt lock in the center and has "DON'T KNOCK" written all over it! In Czech, you rarely get an appointment time at the doctor's, you just have to come, sit and wait until the nurse comes out of the padded door and asks who is next. Very intimidating...
Thanks for your comments, Dr. LaBar. I looked up bloglines too - thanks. I'm very new to all this.