Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Glorious Mess

That's what my days feel like lately...a glorious mess. Now that I have cleaned up tiny rubber bands from Adela's bracelet loom that were scattered all over the floor by sweet Karina, oatmeal spilled on the floor, breakfast dishes and a pile of books, I decided to take a few minutes to blog. This is for my faithful friend, Andrea, who was happy to see I wrote a post finally! Karina is napping and my father graciously took Adela and Nora out for lunch. As you can see a review of 2013 probably won't happen, but maybe there will be a monthly post at least!

It's been a long week and it's only Wednesday. Karina and I came down with colds on Friday and that always feels like a set back. It's cold and dreary these days and trying to get my girls to settle down to do a little "schoolwork" seems impossible. I love the blessing of homeschooling and knowing that I am able to teach my children about living for Christ everyday, choose the curriculum that I feel is best for their education, train them to love each other and treat each other respectfully and giving them time to just enjoy being kids through play. That all sounds grand, doesn't it? Honestly, I am finding that applying what I have read and learned through Scripture to our daily lives is a real challenge. Why doesn't Scripture just burst from my heart and mouth when I am teaching the girls how to resolve a conflict?  My biggest prayer these days is, "Lord, please help me to be calm and not
respond in anger or frustration."

Steven Curtis Chapman's newest cd, The Glorious Unfolding, has been a huge encouragement to me these last few days. When I hold on and cling to the truth that God has a plan and purpose in my life exactly where I am now, I can get through the day to day "mess." I want to be His servant. When I show love to my girls, I am investing in their future. When I train them to love the Lord and each other, they will one day understand fully what it means to serve God and others. The devil tells me daily that I am a failure, but I am choosing to listen to my heavenly Father who promises to "pour out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:5

Karina just woke up, so let the "glorious mess" continue! :)

No comments: