Friday, October 26, 2007

Test of Toddler Patience




Last night we splurged and bought Adela a swing. Leo had planned to hang it up Saturday when he had more time, but it was evident when we got home that Addy wasn't going to sleep until she had swung! As I prepared dinner and tried my best to distract Adela with her favorite activity of the moment - coloring, Leo was drilling holes in the doorway for the hooks. Addy would stand by him saying/crying, "Houpy, houpy....Daddy....houpy, houpy (swing, swing)." It was humorous and pitiful at the same time as Adela's and Daddy's patience was tested. As you can see, she was overjoyed to finally swing. I must say that having the swing is a great bargaining tool: "Finish your dinner first and then you can swing... Let's put your pajamas on and then you can swing..." Getting the dishes and dinner done while pushing the swing WILL be interesting though!

2 comments:

~Amber said...

That is too funny, I remember when we got chloe's swing. She was so anxious too. We hung it in the kitchen.

The Miller Family said...

That's great! I can't believe how she's grown...she's still such a cutie. Oh, and I understand about bargaining...it seems we still have to resort to a movie, but whatever works, I guess!
Emily (and Ethan and Matt)